Nourish to Flourish with Mann’s Nourish Bowls for #SundaySupper! I’m adding kimchi and tofu to amp up my Sesame Sriracha bowl!
There are pros and cons working from home and personally the pros definitely outweigh the cons. Mainly I cherish the autonomy and flexibility. I also try to work during the hours my kids are in school and try to squeeze in as much as I can in every minute that I have during the day. I did set up a nice office in my attic, but then found that it was just “too far” from the kitchen especially for water and snack breaks. Cooking is very minimal for lunch and I usually just heat up leftovers. And I almost always eat in front of the computer. Every now and then I forget to make that dreaded trip to the grocery store, and I try to forage something healthful in the pantry but it is always a challenge. Fortunately, this is happening less often, but you get the picture here, right?
In comes Mann’s Nourish Bowls. I had the fortune of trying the Sesame Sriracha bowl and the Cauli-Rice Curry bowls. Both are excellent! These bowls have certainly made lunch easier for me! A delicious warm meal in 3-4 minutes. Personally, I find the portions healthy and filling and I especially love the variety of fresh vegetables. The sauces do not skimp on flavor and you can add all or as little as you’d like. There is also a small packet of starch or carbs that you can also omit or include. Basically, you make theses bowls your own!
I’m taking this a step further and adding kimchi and tofu to my Sesame Sriracha bowl for a serving of protein and Korean flair. It seemed the natural thing to do, right? It’s so easy! Every now and then when the craving hits, I make a kimchi and tofu stirfry for lunch. But the added vegetables from the bowl are a welcome addition to this meal. To save time, cook the kimchi and tofu while the vegetables are cooking in the microwave!
- 7-8 ounces firm tofu, cut into small cubes
- Cooking oil
- ¼ - ½ cup of chopped cabbage kimchi
- 1 bowl Mann’s Sesame Sriracha Nourish Bowl
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss the tofu with half the contents of the enclosed sesame sriracha sauce packet. Toss until evenly coated.
- Add the remaining sauce into the container of vegetables. Mix until vegetables are evenly coated. Cover the container with a paper towel or plate and cook on high for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a tablespoon of cooking oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and cook until the tofu starts to brown, about 2-3 minutes. Add the chopped kimchi and the rice from the enclosed packet and cook for another 2 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Add the tofu and kimchi mixture over the bowl and vegetables. Mix together and enjoy!
Here is how the other #SundaySupper tastemakers are preparing their Nourish Bowls!
- Cooking for One with Mann’s Nourish Bowls by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Easiest Southwest Chipotle Tacos by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Easy Curry Cauliflower Rice Bowl with Egg by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Gluten Free Family Dinner with Nourish Bowls by Cricket’s Confections
- Healthy Dinner Solutions for the Late-Shift by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Healthy Eating on the Go by Wholistic Woman
- How to Eat Like a Foodie and Stay Healthy by Go Epicurista
- How to Eat Well When You Don’t Feel Up To It by Monica’s Table
- How to Fit Veggies into a Jam-Packed Week with Nourish Bowls by Casa de Crews
- How To Prepare Fresh Healthy Meals In A Snap by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Keeping Fit with a Pesky Sweet Tooth by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Monterey Risotto Enchiladas by Moore or Less Cooking
- Nourishing a Healthy Soul by Family Foodie
- Olive Oil-Poached Salmon Over Cauli-Rice Curry by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sesame Sriracha Bowl with Kimchi Tofu by kimchi MOM
- Smokehouse Brussels Sprouts with Shrimp by Cooking Chat
- Smokehouse Steak Quiche by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Southwest Chipotle Tuna Bowls with Pico De Gallo by Simple and Savory
- Southwest Chipotle Grilled Chicken Bowl by The Chef Next Door
- Southwest Chipotle Pulled Pork Naan Bread Pizza by The Freshman Cook
Plus meet Gina Nucci, aka Gina Broccolini, one of the third generation family owners of Mann Packing – the creators of Nourish Bowls – in a Sunday Supper Movement Interview
Wanna learn more about Mann’s Nourish Bowls? Check out their website for more information and where you can find Nourish Bowls in your area. Don’t forget to follow Nourish Bowls on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.
Tune in on Sunday, January 22, 2017 on the Sunday Supper Facebook page for a special giveaway sponsored by Mann’s Nourish Bowls!
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Nourish Bowls in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.