We’re featuring peach recipes for #SundaySupper. Thank you to Sue Lau at A Palatable Pastime for being our gracious event host!
This classic cocktail, the Bellini, was first created back in the late 1930’s at the famed Harry’s Bar in Venice Italy. It is a concoction of white peach puree and sparkling wine. You can add a touch of raspberry or cherry juice to give it that signature pink hue. I have actually never had a Bellini cocktail so took this opportunity to make my own at home and give it a ginger twist. Infused simple syrups are quick and easy to make and a great way to add another layer of flavor to a cocktail.
A couple of things I learned…make sure your peaches are ripe and juicy before using. It seems obvious, but hey, we all learn through our mistakes. And you want to use dry light Prosecco or sparkling wine. There’s already a lot of sweetness with the peach puree and simple syrup. So forget about the Champagne and keep it in the cooler, it’s a little too robust and complex.
This recipe may yield a little more puree and simple syrup than you need. You can freeze the puree and save it for later. And you can store the simple syrup in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to a month. If you want to make this drink non-alcoholic, simply substitute sparkling water for the Prosecco.
- 1 inch knob of ginger root, thinly sliced
- 1.2 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 ripe white peaches, peeled and cut into chunks
- Chilled dry prosecco
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the ginger, sugar and water. Bring to a simmer and cook until the sugar is dissolved. Watch the pot because this is a fast transformation and you don't want to burn the sugar. Take the saucepan off the heat, give it a stir and let it steep for about 20 minutes. Strain, discard the ginger pieces and set the simple syrup aside.
- In a food processor, puree the peaches.
- In a champagne flute, add about 1-2 tablespoons of the peach puree, 1-2 teaspoons of the ginger simple syrup. Carefully pour and top off with Prosecco in the glass. Give it a quick stir and enjoy. Repeat as needed. Cheers!
Check out the other peachy keen recipes by my fellow Sunday Supper tastemakers!
- Bourbon & Peach Porkbelly Bites by Girl Abroad
- Cherry-Peach Bruschetta by Dessert Geek
- Grilled Peach Caprese with Blackberry Balsamic by The Crumby Cupcake
- How to Make Peach Gazpacho with Cucumber by Asian in America
- Peach Blueberry Burrata Quesadilla by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Peach Pancakes with Peach Maple Syrup by Magnolia Days
- Peaches and Cream Crepes by A Mind Full Mom
- Peaches and Cream Smoothie Bowl by Family Foodie
- Brandy Peach Lemonade by Nosh My Way
- Citrus Peach Sangria by Sunday Supper Movement
- Dairy-Free Strawberry Peach Smoothie by Cooking Chat
- Frozen Peach Margarita by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Peach and Blueberry Wine Slushies by Cooking with Carlee
- Peach Ginger Bellini by kimchi MOM
- Peach Whiskey Smash by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Trà Đào (Vietnamese Peach Tea) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ginger Peach Freezer Jam by Peaceful Cooking
Sides & Salads:
- Fresh Peach Cucumber Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Italian Peach Panzanella Bread Salad by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Peach Caprese Salad with Balsamic Syrup by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peach, Tomato and Mint Salad by Our Good Life
- Chicken, Peaches, and Arugula on a Focaccia Roll by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Peach & Basil Flatbread by My Life Cookbook
- Grilled Peaches and Shrimp Shish Kabobs by The Freshman Cook
- Peach Glazed Pork Chops and Stuffing by Life Tastes Good
- Pork Tacos with Grilled Peach Salsa by Baking Sense
- Roasted Flank Steak with Fresh Peach Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Any Fruit Custard Pie by Wholistic Woman
- Biscuit Topped Peach Cobbler by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Peach Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake by The Chef Next Door
- Easy Peach Cobbler Minis by April Golightly
- Frozen Peach Cheesecake by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Peach Apricot Crisp by Desserts Required
- Grilled Peach Melba by Hardly A Goddess
- Honey Almond Ricotta Stuffed Grilled Peaches by She Loves Biscotti
- No-Churn Peach Pie Ice Cream by The Redhead Baker
- Peaches and Cream Cobbler Popsicles by Crazed Mom
- Peaches and Cream Pie by Cooking on the Ranch
- Peach and Pistachio Tart by Caroline’s Cooking
- Peach Sherbet by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peach Honey Pecan Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Peach Willy by Monica’s Table
- Roasted Peach and Lime Sorbet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Peaches & Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Simple Peach Cobbler by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Spiked Skillet Peach, Pecan and Blueberry Crumble by From Gate to Plate
- Streusel-Topped Peach Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Summer Fruit Pie by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement