Sunday Supper has partnered with Gallo Family Vineyards today and we are celebrating National Moscato Day with recipes and pairings featuring their Moscato wines! Gallo Family Vineyards introduced Moscato Day in 2010 which is completely apropos given the rising popularity of Moscato wines in recent years. I guess I have been way ahead of the curve since I have always loved Moscato wine for its lightness and sweetness and typically opt for a small glass to finish off a heavy meal.
Today I’ve taken a glass of the Gallo Family Moscato and made it into a light, sweet, berrylicious dessert. It’s an elegant ending to any meal!
- 2 cups GFV Moscato
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons unflavored powdered gelatin
- 1 pint strawberries, cut into ¼-inch dice
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon GFV Moscato
- To make the gelée:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the GFV Moscato and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Once the sugar is dissolved, stir the wine mixture as you sprinkle the gelatin into the mixture. Continue stirring until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Take the saucepan off the heat, and let mixture cool a bit if hot. Pour the gelée into 4 wine glasses. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- To make the compote:
- In a small bowl, combine the strawberries, sugar, lemon zest, and GFV Moscato. Stir gently. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Spoon the strawberry compote over the gelée and serve.
Gallo Family Vineyards offer three varieties of Moscato wines – Moscato, Pink Moscato, and Red Moscato. All light and sweet, but each with its own personality. Gallo Family Vineyards is also encouraging Americans to #MixItUp on National #MoscatoDay on May 9th! Here are some of their ideas:
- Mix up your next meal with Moscato. The deliciously sweet flavors of Moscato make it more than just a dessert wine! It tastes great with all types of food from cheeses, such as sharp cheddar or manchego, to spicier dishes that use chilies and peppers. Try out Gallo Family’s Food & Wine Pairing Tool for more inspiration.
- Mix up your next glass of Moscato with a Red or Pink Moscato! In addition to the tasty peach flavors of the Gallo Family Vineyards White Moscato, try the aromatic orange blossom flavor of Gallo Family Vineyards Pink Moscato or the yummy red berry finish of its Red Moscato.
- Mix up a cocktail with Moscato. Wine cocktails are becoming very popular and they are so easy to make. Whether it’s a refreshing spin on a classic or your own recipe, Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato’s sweet and fruitful flavors that make it great base for cocktails. And it’s totally unexpected! Try mixing up a new drink for your next gathering.
If you’d like to learn more about Gallo Family Vineyards wines, click here. You can also “like” them on Facebook, follow them on Twitter and Instagram, and you can subscribe to their videos on YouTube.
And don’t forget… Gallo Family Vineyards want you to save those corks to help end senior hunger. For the 5th year, Every Cork Counts program invites Americans to send back their corks to benefit the Meals On Wheels Association of America.
Let’s mix it up with these great recipes below!
Appetizers and Mains:
- Lemon Rosemary Moscato Chicken by Family Foodie
- Moscato Meatball Skewers by Melanie Makes
- Pork Roast with Peach Moscato Sauce by Magnolia Days
- Pork with Moscato Sauce & Veggies by Momma’s Meals
Beverages, Breakfast, and Sweets:
- Blackberry Bellinis by The Foodie Army Wife
- Blackberry Almond Cake with Moscato Zabaione by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Individual Plum Crumbles with Moscato Syrup by Neighborfood
- Mandarin Orange Tart by NinjaBaking.com
- Mango Moscato Sorbet by Webicurean
- Mexican Chocolate Ganache Cake by MealDiva
- Mixed Berry Moscato Gelees by Alida’s Kitchen
- Moscato Gelée with Strawberry Compote by kimchi MOM
- Olive Oil Cake with Strawberry-Red Moscato Sorbet and Moscato Zabaglione by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Overnight Peaches and Cream Stuffed French Toast by In The Kitchen With KP
- Peachy Apricot Moscato Cake with Moscato Whipped Cream by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pink Moscato Cupcakes + Citrus Moscato Sangria by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pink Moscato Strawberry Shortcake by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Raspberry Moscato Sangria by The Messy Baker
- Strawberry Pink Moscato Ice Pops by girlichef
- Strawberry Tart with Moscato Lemon Curd by Foxes Love Lemons
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.