Kimchi Bacon Fried Rice is the ultimate comfort food for me. The bacon just puts it over the edge. Thanks to my gal Erica Acevedo of The Crumby Cupcake who is our gracious Baconator host today!
When I think comfort food, Kimchi Fried Rice or bokkeum bap is one of the dishes that pops into my head. It’s one of those dishes you make when you haven’t gone grocery shopping in a week and because rice and kimchi are staples in a Korean household. It’s also that dish you order in Koreatown at 2 in the morning after a night out with friends. I’ve made this dish a million times – sometimes with Spam, or pancetta, or pepperoni (yes, I was desperate), or even without meat, but always with kimchi. And you want to get a hold of the really aged stinky cabbage kimchi. The flavor combination is so magical – spicy, smoky, tangy, salty, and a hint of sweetness. The bacon certainly puts this dish over the edge. So damn good. Top that mound of goodness with an egg and savor.
- 3-4 slices bacon
- ½ cup cabbage kimchi, roughly chopped
- 1 cup rice, cooled
- 1 tablespoon gochujang (Korean red pepper paste)
- 1 stalk green onion, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- Cooking oil
- 1 egg (optional)
- Cut the bacon crosswise in ¼" slices. Cook the bacon in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Cook until the edges of the bacon start crisping up. Spoon out the bacon fat, but leave abut 1-2 teaspoons in the skillet.
- Add the kimchi and the gochujang and stir until the kimchi and bacon are thoroughly coated. Add the rice and green onion and continue stirring until coated with the gochujang mixture. Take the skillet off the heat and stir in the sesame oil.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in a clean small skillet over medium heat. Cook your egg as desired or for a sunnyside egg, carefully crack the egg in the heated pan. Let cook undisturbed for a few minutes, until the whites turn opaque. To serve, place the egg atop the plated fried rice.
Check out the 40+ other recipes featuring BACON!
Bacon in Appetizers
- Apple and Bacon Jam Quesadillas by Nik Snacks
- Bacon Barbecue Nachos by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Game Day Bacon & Cheddar ‘Tater Skins by Powered By BLING
- Killer Jalapeño Poppers by Simply Healthy Family
- Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp by Food Lust People Love
Bacon for Breakfast
- Avocado Toast with Coconut Bacon by Helpful Homemade
- Bacon Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Glaze by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Breakfast Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Candied Maple Bacon by A Mind Full Mom
- Maple Bacon Protein Pancakes by Amee’s Savory Dish
Bacon for Dessert
- Bacon Brownie Balls by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies by Desserts Required
- Boozy Bacon Cherry Crumble by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Bacon Crack by Brunch-n-Bites
- Flourless Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Maple Bacon Truffles by Dessert Geek
- Spiced Apple Bacon Upside Down Cake by The Crumby Cupcake
Bacon for Dinner
- Bacon and Pumpkin Pasta by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Bacon Corn Chowder by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bacon Fried Rice by Asian In America
- Bacon Wrapped Turkey Meatloaf by April Golightly
- Creamy Blue Cheese Pasta with Steak and Bacon by Magnolia Days
- K.C.’s Award Winning Turkey Bacon Explosion by Cooking With Carlee
- Kimchi Bacon Fried Rice by kimchi MOM
- Spaghetti alla Carbonara by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- The Pigskin Loaded Baked Potato by Sunday Supper Movement
- Triple Bypass Burgers by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
Bacon in Beverages
- Candied Bacon Old Fashioned by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Homemade Bloody Mary with Candied Bacon Swizzle by Our Good Life
- Pancetta with Balsamic-Brown Sugar-Pepper Glaze for Bloody Mary by La Bella Vita Cucina
Bacon for Lunch
- Bacon, Fig and Goat’s Cheese Quiche by Caroline’s Cooking
- BLT Bread Salad by The Chef Next Door
- Grilled Manwich Club by Momma’s Meals
- Restaurant Style Double Bacon BLT by The Freshman Cook
- Turkey & Bacon Sliders with ‘Isn’t That Special’ Sauce by Bottom Left of the Mitten
Bacon as a Side Dish
- Bacon and Cheddar Smashed Red Potatoes by Family Around The Table
- Bourbon Bacon Jam by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Bacon, Beer & Jalapeno Muffins by Wholistic Woman
- Easy Bacon, Beans & Greens by My Life Cookbook
- Greens with Gruyere and Bacon by Cooking Chat
- Peas with Bacon and Crispy Onions by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Pin this yumminess!