Thanksgiving…are you ready? Sure, there’s the big dinner, but it also means that you’re subsisting on leftovers for 2-3 days after. Some would even argue that leftovers are the best part! You will find this week’s theme helpful as our #SundaySupper crew will be posting recipes using Thanksgiving leftovers. Nicole Cook (awesome last name and awesome in general!) over at Daily Dish Recipes is our gracious host this week.
In my household, there is always a surplus of turkey. I love an overstuffed Thanksgiving sandwich the day after and will make myself one for every meal until one of the critical components runs out – usually the stuffing or cranberry sauce. Then last year, I wanted something a little mayo-ey and spicy.
Ever since we moved from San Francisco, I have had the occasional hankering for the curried chicken salad from the Whole Foods salad bar – the one in Potrero Hill to be exact. I’ve been searching for a recipe that comes close to the flavors of this salad and lo and behold I finally stumbled upon a recipe by Ina Garten that came pretty darn close to what I was looking for.
Happy Thanksgiving to those of you who will be celebrating on Thursday. And to the others, Happy Thursday!
Curried (Leftover) Turkey Salad
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon curry powder
About a pound of leftover turkey, cut into bite-sized morsels
2-3 Tablespoons Major Grey’s chutney or mango chutney
1 stalk celery, diced
1 scallion, chopped
1/8 cup currants or raisins
Salt and pepper
1 – Whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, and curry powder until smooth.
2 – Combine the dressing with the turkey and toss until coated evenly. Add the chutney, celery, scallions, and currants and mix well. Refrigerate for a few hours to allow all the flavors to meld together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Here’s the line up of other delectable recipes from the #SundaySupper crew. I’d say they’re a pretty creative bunch!
Breakfast & Brunch
- Sweet Potato Cinnamon Rolls by Juanita’s Cocina
- Turkey Cranberry Muffins by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Sweet Potato Biscuits by Home Cooking Memories
- Turkey Enchiladas by Webicurean
- Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole by FamilyFoodie
- Turkey and Cranberry Monte Cristo by Supper for a Steal
- Thanksgiving hangover sandwich by Crispy Bits & Burt Ends
- Turkey Tamale Pie by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie by I Run For Wine
- Turkey and Stuffing Pasty by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- The Ultimate Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich by Daily Dish Recipes
- Turkey Vegetable Hash by Generation Y Foodie
- Turkey Tetrazzini by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Thanksgiving Leftovers: Turkey and Andouille Gumbo for #SundaySupper by Catholic Foodie
- Red Potato Turkey Cutlets with Ginger & Fresh Herbs by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Thanksgiving Turkey Banh Mi Sandwich by 30AEats
- Leftover Turkey and Sausage Gumbo by My Catholic Kitchen
- Turkey Mornay Open-Face Sandwiches by The Weekend Gourmet
- Leftover Mashed Potatoes and Beef Croquettes by Pippis in the Kitchen Again
- Simple and easy! Turkey a la king, fit for a queen! by Midlife Road Trip
- Turkey and Mushroom Risotto by Comfy Cuisine
- Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Kartoffelpuffer – German Potato Pancakes by MrsMamaHen
- Skillet Turkey Reuben by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- # glutenfree Turkey Shepard’s Cake by Cooking Underwriter
- Hawaiian BBQ Turkey Flatbread Pizza by Damn Delicious
- Turkey shepards pie! by The Realistic Nutritionist
- Turkey & Cranberry Panini with Tarragon Aioli by The Messy Baker Blog
Soups, Salads, Sides & Starters
- Gluten Free Turkey and Dumplings by The Meltaways
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Shallots and Pancetta by Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Curried Turkey Salad by Kimchi Mom
- Potato Patties w/ Tomato Salsa by La Cocina De Leslie
- Spicy Coconut Turkey Soup by Diabetic Foodie
- Mashed Potatoes Twice Baked by Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks
- Moroccan Chicken Salad with Rice by My Trial’s in the Kitchen
- Cranberry Barbecue Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Olive Tapenade by Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Leftover Turkey Soup by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Bread Pudding by MarocMama
Sweets & Desserts
- Cranberry Sauce Crumb Bars by girlichef
- Pumpkin Gingersnap Truffles by Chocolate Moosey
- Sweet Potato Spice Cake with Pecan Streusel Topping by Shockingly Delicious
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Potato Frosting by Yummy Smells
Wine Pairings for the Recipes Featured
- Wine Pairings for Thanksgiving Leftovers #SundaySupper by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Please join on us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper today, November 18, 2012. In the evening we will meet at 7pm EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat.
We’d also love to feature your recipe for Thanksgiving Leftovers on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board to share them with all of our followers, too.
Thanks for visiting this week!