This is a recipe by Chef David Chang of the the Momofuku empire. He was featured in the PBS series The Mind of a Chef and made his version of Cacio e Pepe using ramen noodles. I was astounded and amazed by his creation and had to recreate his dish! I’ve made this dish several times now. This recipe can easily be doubled.
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 package ramen noodles (discard or set aside seasoning packets for later use)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium-sized saucepan over high heat, heat the water, butter, and cheese. Just as it starts to simmer, add the brick of ramen noodles. The noodles will unravel within a minute. With a pair of chopsticks or tongs, keep stirring the noodles until all the liquid is absorbed, about 3-4 minutes. Plate, generously sprinkle with freshly ground pepper, and serve immediately!
Here’s what’s for supper for the rest of this week!
Monday :: Fast and Cheesy Ramen from kimchi MOM
Tuesday :: Roasted Red Pepper, Tomato and Bacon Soup from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Wednesday :: Lentil-Mushroom Ragu from Foxes Love Lemons
Thursday :: Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore from Noshing With The Nolands
Friday :: Avocado Pesto Pasta from Basic N Delicious